These hors d’oeuvre were an original recipe of Auntie Ginny’s. They have been passed down from one Mrs Suter, to another and then to me! And they are great, so simple to make and always impressive looking! Minimum effort required with maximum effects! It’s also a little more classy than a bowl of Pringles!
Mini Wrap bites
4 plain tortilla wraps
selection of fillings – Boursin, smoked salmon and cream cheese, houmous
- Open packet of tortillas and spread on your filling of choice to the edges.
- Roll up the wrap into one long sausage shape.
- Wrap it in foil and place in the fridge until required.
- 30 minutes before serving place it in the freezer (this makes it easier to cut)
- Remove from the freezer and cut into 2-3 cm pieces.
Smoked Mackerel Blinis
1 Packet of Blinis
Smoked Mackerel Pate
Chives- chopped finely
- Follow the instructions on how to cook the blinis. Allow to cool for 10 minutes
- Spread on smoked mackerel pate
- Sprinkle a few chives on each blinis
These hors d’oeuvres are so simple and there are so many different toppings and fillings you could use. Give it a go, you will definitely impress your guests!